How can I download and install DCS World 2.5.x ?
You have to download File : DCS_World_Web_Installer.exe
put this file to any folder, run it once and follow the installation process.
You have to download File : DCS_World_OpenBeta_web.exe
put this file to any folder, run it once and follow the installation process.
The difference between Stable and OpenBeta
Speaking of Open Beta and Release versions, we currently operate two versions of DCS World, the Open Beta version and the Release version (many fewer versions than before!). Because DCS World is a “living” project that changes daily, it’s possible for a project-wide bug to worm itself in and make the game unplayable for all. To prevent this and add a level of protection, we adopted Open Beta and Release versions.
Almost every two weeks (sometimes more with hot fixes) we create a new Open Beta version that comprises the changes from the prior two weeks. Although this first goes through both internal and closed-external testing, it is possible for errors to slip through. In this case, the Open Beta is utilized to identify a “blocking” bug that prevents all customers from playing the game (not just customers of a single module). For those that take part in the Open Beta, we greatly appreciate it and thank you for your testing efforts. If a “blocking bug” is present in the Open Beta, we always have the Release version available. This is why the Release version is sometimes called the Stable version.
As such, the Open Beta version is for us to “field-test” new changes and check for any DCS-wide “Blocking” crashes, and the Release version is the result of the previous Open Beta that does not suffer any “Blocks.” As with Early Access, Open Beta is an option and may not be for everyone.
Installing the DCS 2.5
Please choose the version you want to install from our website: DCS World versions
(Please note that DCS World 1.5 is a deprecated version and no longer supported)
Run, specify the directory and observe the process.
By default, the files download using torrents uploaded parts become available to all who currently run the updater. After downloading the files are unpacked to the desired structure on the disk is deleted from the temporary directory, and the updater is disconnected from the torrent network and shuts down.
It is possible to switch the updater to use http download, you can press the Cancel button - you will be asked to either upload via http, or cancel the download.
Re-start the updater available from the start menu (Eagle Dynamics - DCS World 2.5 - Update...). Downloading will continue from the point where it was interrupted.
DCS 2.5 takes all StarForce information from the registry of previous installations.
How can I install modules to any DCS World version
If you have purchased DCS module from the DCS e-shop, the easiest and fastest way to install the module is to use the Module Manager. To do so, please follow these steps:
1. Run DCS World and log in.
2. From the Main Menu Page, click on Module Manager on the Top side of the screen (DCS ver. 1.5.* and ver. 2.5.*)
3. From the Module Manager page, click on the Modules tab, located along the top of the screen. Note: If you have purchased a New module through the DCS e-shop and open the Module Manager, DCS World will automatically detect the new purchase and you will be prompted to begin the installation.
4. Listed below will be all the Modules that you have and can purchase. For modules that you have purchased through the DCS E-shop, an "Install" button is located on the right side of the entry. Click this button to install your purchase.
5. Follow the prompted installation steps.
Please watch a video on youtube made by BIGNEWY - Installing a module in DCS World
If you are using the Steam version please read the FAQ here
How to install DCS without Internet on PC ? (or traffic issues on PC)
Due to the rather large volume of the simulator there are often questions about copying of DCS World, which is already downloaded on another computer. "Frontal" way of copying might work, but sooner or later it will end up in a complete reinstall.
How to properly and safely do this:
1. Copy the existing module to any temporary location (external Flash Drive), preserving the folder structure of simulator (for example, E:\DCSCopy\).
2. Create in the root directory of the DCS simulator the text file with the title: dcs_local_source.txt
3. The contents of the file is the path to a temporary directory, in this case (UTF-8!): E:\DCSCopy\
4. Run DCS World web installer and follow the installation process. The Updater will read the dcs_local_source.txt file and find your existing files, compare the version numbers, download all the required and will install it correctly.
5. After installation of DCS World on second PC, you can delete the temporary directory.
Unable to install NEW product, an error message Unknown module appears
If you unable to install just purchased product via Module Manager and you get an error message saying:
Unknown module *Module_ID* (for example A10C-PIERCING_FURY_campaign or other NEW)
There are two reasons of that issue:
1. Your current DCS version is not updated
and / or
2. This module has just been released and is available ONLY in the DCS openbeta version
* 1 *
Please make sure you have the latest DCS World version. You can find it:
1a) at the lower right corner of the main menu.
1b) in the file ..\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\autoupdate_log.txt
The latest DCS World version number and the latest released DCS_updater.exe can be found on the page: DCS World updates
To update DCS World go to:
Windows Start Menu / All Apps / Eagle Dynamics. Locate the Update option for the DCS product (version) you wish to update.
* 2 *
2a) All new modules always start from the DCS World OpenBeta and will appear in the DCS World stable version only after the patch!
2b) if you don't want to wait a patch, you can install DCS openbeta version
Only after successful update you will be able to install New module.
More information about *Module_ID* parameters can be found on forums page
How do I bind a boxed-product serial key to install as a DCS World module?
If you purchased A-10C Warthog, Black Shark 2, UH-1H Huey or P-51D Mustang as a boxed product, it will include a serial key on the back of the Quick Start manual. You can use this key to bind the product to your DCS World account and allow you to update it.
Please following these steps:
* From the License Check field in the Profile of your DCS World account page, enter the product serial key and press the CHECK button.
* Select the option to bind the serial key to your DCS World account.
* Run DCS World and select the Module Manager icon at the top of the Main Menu page. Note that you will need to use the same account to which you bound the serial key! You will then be prompted to install the module.
I have a serial number for the module but I can't install it via Module Manager?
If you have a serial number for the module (purchased in other store or from Steam) at first you have to bind it to account here: License serial number check, more information here: License informational Page and after that you will be able to install your product via Module Manager.
If you already check out all your serial numbers and they are bound to account and you still can't install Modules, so...
This is a quick solution for your problem :
1. Please download install batch file for your module, put this file to root \DCS World\ folder and run it once. Should be installed your module.
2. After that run any mission and activate by your key.
If your module is not listed, then download any version, open the file with editor (Notepad++) and change the module name to one that does not manage to install, save under the desired file name and put this file to root DCS World folder and run it once.
The correct name (Module_ID) you can take from this page.
I previously bought "DCS: Black Shark 2 Upgrade", how can I install it into DCS World?
This information is only for the customers who bought "Upgrade from DCS: Black Shark 1 to DCS: Black Shark 2". This product is no longer available in E-shop.
The STEAM users can't install and activate Black Shark 2 upgrade, it is possible only for standalone DCS World version from our site!
* * * * * * * *
Replacement of BS2 upgrade key to BS2 full version
It is now possible to upgrade your BS2 upgrade to a full BS2 license automatically on DCS site
you will require your BS1 and BS2 upgrade keys
follow this link : BS1+BS2 Upgrade serial numbers replace to DCS: Black Shark 2
Don't forget to delete BS2 upgrade via Module manager before install full BS2 version.
After replacement your BS1 and BS2 upgrade keys will be blacklisted.
* * * * * * * *
If you Don't want to replace BS1 and BS2 upgrade keys for some reason
First of all you have to install and activate Black Shark 1 from your DVD or download version: DCS: Black Shark (English)
It's important to run installation as Administrator.
Note: Black Shark 1 is a separate installation and cannot be installed to DCS World as a module!
Attention! Serial number for Black Shark 1 can't be applied for activation of BS2 upgrade.
Then, if you ready to install Black Shark 2 upgrade to DCS World, you can start the installation via Module Manager / Modules tab click on Install button for Upgrade from DCS: Black Shark 1 to DCS: Black Shark 2 and when select components window appears choose DCS BS2 upgrade from BS1 international key.
Please make sure you are selecting the correct option during BS2 module install.
After that start any mission and enter early purchased key for Black Shark 2 update.
Star-Force activation window should be labeled as BlackShark 2 Update ENG
* * *
This installer ONLY for DCS World 1.2.16!
You can download BS2 upgrade installer from the page: Upgrade from DCS: Black Shark 1 to DCS: Black Shark 2
How can I download, install or Revert to DCS World 1.2.16? (DirectX 9)
We no longer support DCS World 1.2.16, you have to understand this.
If you still want, you can download 1.2.16 via torrent file
Distributive consists of several files. One executable and its resource files.
Run DCS_World_126.96.36.199180.9-9.exe and follow the installation.
or you can revert to 1.2.16 from 1.5.* version - Reverting_DCS_188.8.131.52180.bat
put this file to root DCS folder and run once.
More information about a compatibility list of DCS modules for 1.2.16 version you can find on forums:
Legacy / Non Supported Branches
Eligible <module> parameters