** The skin preview has already been integrated in DCS.
After one hour investigation, I made this tiny mod to make 3D skin and payload preview in mission editor.
It's quite easy to use that all camera operation is same to the 3D viewer in Encyclopedia.
The ONLY difference is that you can change and view different skins and payloads.
This mod is JSGME ready (for OB and OA)
** special thanks to NRG-Vampire for his test
v1.2: update for 2.1, remove support of 1.5
v1.1: update for 1.5.4 (release and ob)
A. use JSGME
B. (1) unzip the downloaded file, and enter either 'ME 3D Skin&Payload Preview for DCS 1.5' or 'for DCS 2.0'
(2) copy and paste the 'MissionEditor' folder to DCS 1.5 or 2.0 installation folder and replace all
** known issue **
1. first time enter ME, you need to use mouse move the viewer camera to refresh the viewer
2. for HD model and skin, it may need a few seconds to load
3. for changing skin does not work for some A/C in OA
4. payloads may not well aligned or some components may not show
5. for some payload that name mismatch edm file name, this may cause CTD, please report