VNAO DCS Hornet CV-1 Approach Case 3 Practice:(Upd ated for the DCS Super Carrier).
This is a single player training aid mission focused on CV-1 approach case 3 carrier landings.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY,THE COCKPIT IN THIS MISSION HAS SE T PROGRAMED AUTOMATED FUCTIONS,DON'T NOT TOUCH ANY BUTTONS OR CONTROLS UNTIL THE
25 SECOND COUNTDOWN DISPLAYED ON YOUR SCREEN HAS FINISHED.
1. Before mission start set your throttle between 1/4 and half throttle and flaps to auto.
2. You will Spawn in your Hornet and will be around 29nm DME from the rear of the carrier and alingned onto the CVN-72 Abraham Lincoln's 111* Radial at a alt of 6000ft at 250knts airspeed.
3. AUTOMATED COCKPIT FUCTIONS ARE AS FOLLOWS.
-Auto pilot will automatically set to 6000ft.
-ATC will automatically set to 250knts airspeed.
-Left DDI will automatically set as a HUD repeater.
-Right DDI will automatically set to the FCS page.
-AMPCD will automatically set to the the HSI page and scale down to 5nm.
-Tailhook will automatically lower.
-Tacan will automatically switch on and set to 72X.
-ICLS will automatically switch on and set to CH12.
-Altitude switch will automatically set to BARO.
-CRS switch will automatically engauge for 2 secs and set to the radial bearing of 111*/291*.
-Radar alt will automatically set to approx 170ft.
-Master arm switch will set to "safe".
-Cockpit lights/HUD will automatically dimmer.
-AoA indexer will automatically dim.
-Altimeter will automatically dial into 29.53.
4. After you see the 25 second countdown expire, a text saying "RADIO THE CARRIER VIA THE RADIO MENU" will appear. (there is no AIRBOSS script or any other 3rd party scripts installed...just the stock standard dcs carrier menu).
5. Radio the carrier,(that is all you have to do).
-Radio Menu \
-F2.CVN-72 Abraham Lincoln(305MHzam)...
[Player] "Marshal,024,Marking mom's 118* for 28,angels 6,state 7.2".
[Courage Marshal]"024,Courage marshal,CASE III recovery,CV-1 approach,expect final bearing 291*,altimeter is 29.53,Marshal mother's 111 radial,21 DME,angels
6,Expected approach time is 08."(this means at 8 mins past the hour ZULU time as indicated on your HUD you should arrive and Commence your approach from 21nm
[Player]"024,marshal on the 111*,21 DME,angels 6,expected approach time is 08."
[Courage Marshal]"readback correct."
[Player]"024,established angels 6,state 7.1".
[Courage Marshal]"024,roger,state 7.1".
|ok a tip to arrive on correct approach time as follows with ATC/AUTO PILOT still engaged...roughly around time 00:01:55 - 00:02:00 on your HUD perform a left 45 deg
bank turn and keep that turn going and roll out wings level on the 111 bearing(this turn should take about a miniute).
Fly this heading until the time on your HUD reaches between 00:04:25 - 00:04:30 then perform another 45 deg left bank turn and keep that turn going and roll out wings
level on the 291 bearing,fly this course and you should arrive between +10 or -10 secs of your allocated approach time.|
-F3.COMMENCING (disengage ATC/AUTO PILOT,desend at 4000ft per min at 250knts).
[Player]"024,commencing,state 6.5,altimeter 29.53".
[Courage Marshal]"024,radar contact,expected final bearing 291".
[Courage Marshal]"024,switch approach".
[Marshal]"024,approach final bearing 291*
-F3.Platform (at 5000ft set altimeter switch to RDR and desend at 2000ft per min until you reach 1200ft then level off).
6. Flaps/Gear Down at 10nm DME.
7. Fly the CV-1 approach,Land,End mission,Restart mission and go again.
8. It's been noted that after a DCS update during the 25 second countdown the ATC might bug and disengage,if this happens just quit and restart the mission to recalibrate the mission to the lastest DCS update.
I recommend downloading Minsky's case 1, 2, 3, kneeboard https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3314314/