DCS: Supercarrier is the most detailed and realistic simulation of a Nimitz-class aircraft carrier ever created. A Nimitz-class aircraft carrier is a nuclear-powered fortress at sea with a crew of over 6,000 sailors and airmen. The angled flight deck with arrestor wires and four steam-powered catapults support air wing operations of up to 90 aircraft. The ship also includes a formidable air defense system that includes the RIM-7 Sea Sparrow Missile and RIM-116 Rolling Airframe Missile (RAM) missiles, and Close-In Weapon System (CIWS) gun system. A Nimitz-class aircraft carrier is the ultimate power projection weapon.
10 ships of the class have been produced, of which, we will include five of the Theodore Roosevelt sub-class:
- CVN-71 Theodore Roosevelt
- CVN-72 Abraham Lincoln
- CVN-73 George Washington
- CVN-74 John C Stennis
- CVN-75 Harry S. Truman
For the early access release, we will provide the Roosevelt, Lincoln, and Washington.
Early access features of DCS: Supercarrier include:
- Highly detailed polygon model with high-resolution textures that include realistic weathering and markings.
- Animations that include arresting wires, jet blast deflectors (JBD), radar antennas, aircraft elevators, catapult bubble between catapults 1 and 2, steam from catapults, and risers (guard rails) around aircraft elevators when lowered.
- Detailed lighting systems that includes the long-range line-up lights, IFLOLS, Animated "rabbit lights" along landing area centerline, deck lighting, floodlights, and ship number on the island.
- Functional air defense weapon systems that include the Sea Sparrow, CIWS, and SeaRAM.
- Deck parking allowing up to 14 aircraft to be spawned on deck.
- Dynamic carrier radio communications for Case I, Case II, and Case III recoveries.
- Static deck vehicles (AS32A-31A Flight Deck Tractor, AS32A-32A Hangar Deck Tractor, AS32A-36 Aircraft crash and salvage crane, P-25 Fire Fighting Vehicle) that can be placed by mission designers.
- Animated deck crew for bow and waist catapults launches.
- Static deck crew that can be placed by mission designers.
During the early access period, the following additional features will be added:
- Air Boss station.
- Briefing room.
- Occupy the Landing Signal Officer (LSO) station with PLAT camera, including VR support.
- More LSO station interactions.
- Combined Arms integration.
- "Burble" effect.
- Wave off and bolter return to pattern radio messages.
- Functional barricade net.