29 January 2016
ISIS forces recently cleared a small village in grid EV28 and killed or chased out the civilian population. Coalition forces have been tasked to destroy the ISIS forces there to allow the civilians to regain control of the area.
You are Wolf 11, a Royal Netherlands Air Force (RNLAF) F-16C. For this mission your squadron has been given permission to use the Turkish base at Gaziantep (in reality the F16s were based in Jordan) to carry out a surgical strike on an ISIS compound.
- Custom Kneeboards with full briefing and target images.
- Human voice overs
- 45 minutes duration
- My playthrough of an earlier version of the mission is at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05AM51A6XC4
*For a version of the mission that does not require any mods go to: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3331853/
• Depart fr om Runway 10 and head to Steer point 1. Climb to Flight Level 200 to save fuel.
• A British RAF MQ-9 Reaper drone, callsign LA59, is over the target area and will give you targeting information as you approach SP1.
• You will be tasked with destroying 4 targets. Use 1 x GBU-12 to attack each target.
• Use Steer point 2 each time to overlay the coordinates that the Reaper drone gives you.
• For the final target you will have a choice of hitting a static target or, for a higher score, chasing down a moving vehicle.
This is a scripted, single-player mission but it could easily be adapted for a multi-player mission as there are additional enemy forces in the target area.
• Startup and Basic Navigation
• Overlaying Target information on a steerpoint.
• Deploying Laser Guided Weapons (LGBs).
• Optional: Tracking and destroying a fast-moving ground target using an LGB.
Civil Aircraft Mod
Click through this link and use version 0.87. The mod can be found here https://cam.em-key.de/
Instructions of wh ere to put this excellent mod are included as part of the download.
Gunfighter06 has made some beautiful RNLAF skins for the F-16C. Instructions of where to put them are included with the files.