This is the Top Gun style mission you've been waiting for!
Suitable for single-player or multi-player. See description notes below for multi-player conversion. (Hey, someone host this!)<br />
- A-4E Freeware Mod, currently available here: <a class="txttohtmllink" href="https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=224989
- Nevada Map
In this mission, your favorite pilots from Top Gun (plus a couple others to round out the roster) meet in the skies over Nevada for a fast-paced furball. The student pilots will depart from Creech, and the Aggressors from Groom Lake. The mission ends when one side has crashed and burned. Sorry, there are no points for second place, and the plaque for the alternates is in the ladies' room!
To make this mission work in multiplayer, you will need to complete the following steps:
1. Open the mission in the Mission Editor.
2. Aircraft are "hidden in the editor." To make them visible, sel ect the "View Unit List" button. You can find this button on the left side of the screen. It has a triangle, diamond, and square symbols. Click that button and the "Unit List" should appear at the bottom of the screen. Next, look for the column that reads "STATUS." You will see the aircraft are set to "HIDDEN." You can take aircraft off HIDDEN status by clicking the word "HIDDEN." You can also click on the name of each aircraft and it will bring up the "AIRPLANE GROUP" screen. This is where you will set aircraft to AI, Player, or Client (for multiplayer) control.
3. In the AIRPLANE GROUP section, which should be open on the right side of the screen, locate the "SKILL" section. Click that and choose "Client."
4. If you choose client, the aircraft will wait on the ground for a human player to occupy it and fly. Otherwise, you can set the aircraft to "Player" and fly it in single-player. You can also set the aircraft to a skill level of your choosing, and the AI will fly the aircraft. I suggest setting the instructors to "Excellent" and the students to "High," or "Good." But you can change these as you like to provide more or less of a challenge. <br />
5. Once done, you may want to set any unhidden aircraft to hidden. This prevents players fr om seeing the position of other aircraft using the F-10 map in flight. Simply repeat step 2, but set the aircraft to "HIDDEN."
6. Save the mission, and it is now ready to be loaded into multiplayer.
You can do more with this mission in the editor, including switching the instructor aircraft to another type, such as F-5 (MiG 28?), or even aggressor F-14s. Have fun!
If you would like me to make modifications for you, or if there is a problem with the file, please contact me on the forums. I am happy to make tweaks for anyone who requests them. I am "TheHighwayman" on the DCS forums.