Helios is a virtual cockpit simulator system for aircraft in the DCS World. Release 1.6 is a major improvement over Helios 1.4 and the release has only made it to release by the Heroic efforts of derammo and his band of merry testers (you know who you are).
Helios can be downloaded from https://github.com/HeliosVirtualCockpit/Helios/releases
With Helios, you can create virtual cockpits, which allow you to increase your immersion in your favourite combat aircraft. Helios profiles can be created to allow you to simulate switches, knobs, gauges and more complex instruments which can then be mapped into DCS to give you a much improved combat pilot experience. Many people use a touch screen monitor with their virtual cockpits. It is also possible to run the Helios cockpit on a remote PC.
Helios was originally created by Craig "Gadroc" Courtney. Gadroc donated his code to the open source community and this code is currently delivered from the HeliosVirtualCockpit team
This release is a major new revision of Helios Virtual Cockpit. For those wishing to see a video of some of the changes, the following link will be of interest. https://youtu.be/IfS0AtndXAM
Highlights of 1.6 include:
* New Feature: Interface Status
* New Feature: Control Center Console
* New Feature: Preflight Check
* New Feature: Multiple DCS Locations to Update
* New Feature: DCS Interface support for Capt Zeen export modules
* New Feature: DCS Monitor Setup
* New Feature: DCS Additional Viewports
* New Feature: Helios Plugins
* Falcon BMS Support Features and Fixes
* Control Center UI Changes
* Profile Editor UI Changes
* Version Check re-engineered
* New Interface: Control Router
* Changed Control: all Rotary Controls
* Changed Control: all Image Controls
* Changed Control: Text Display
* Changed Control: Potentiometer T+R
* Logging and Status Reporting Changes
* DCS Export.lua Changes
* Installer Changes
* New System Requirements
* Many bug fixes
for a Full change history for 1.6
Your first stop for Helios profiles for DCS should be Capt Zeen (http://www.captzeen.com/helios/index.asp
A (short) basic overview of Helios can be viewed on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78to_NENQT8
and a video tutorial demonstrating Installing Helios for beginners is here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n1cL1Szgmg
Tutorials about creating profiles can be viewed https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dcs+helios+tutorial
The BlueFinBima fork of Helios will shortly be retired so anyone forking this repo should switch to HeliosVirtualCockpit/Helios or consider joining the development team.
can be used for communications about this release of Helios.
Last but not least, if you need help or support for this release, feel free to drop by #helios16-support channel on CaptZeen discord.