This F-18C HORNET AVIONICS GUIDE, (HAG) is an abbreviated aircrew checklist style product designed to quickly enable you to perform the desired task with the F-18 avionics. It assumes you have familiarized yourself with the DCS Early Access Guide and that you understand the basic operation of the Upfront Control Panel (UFC), Digital Data Indicator (DDI), Multi-Purpose Color Display (MPCD), and Head Up Display (HUD).
1 JULY 2020 EDITION: Extensive revision and update for DCS OB 126.96.36.199979 released 17JUN20.
F-18C HORNET AVIONICS GUIDE, (HAG), V2.5.6X 1JUL2020
Some reformatting of existing content to maintain a compact publication
Validation of all previous checklist gouge against DCS OB 188.8.131.52979 (17 June 2020 release)
Addition of the latest F-18 avionics features as new features mature and become stable such as:
- Ground Mapping Radar Operation
- Supercarrier Night Lighting activation
- Supercarrier Catapult Launch from Cold & Dark Request Startup, Engine Start through Taxi
- Supercarrier Deck Crew Hand Signal illustrations for Catapult Launch Sequence
Addition of the latest F-18 weapons features as new features mature and become stable such as:
- Walleye without Datalink Weapons Release Sequence
- Walleye with Datalink Weapons Release Sequence
- SLAM Datalink TOO Mode Weapons Release Sequence
- HARM TOO Mode Weapons Release Sequence
- Harpoon BOL Mode Fixed Point and Turn Point Mode Weapon Release Sequence