(ver 1.05 Updated March 21, 2018 - Updated takeoff voice overs
(ver 1.04 Updated March 20, 2018 - Updated some sounds and texts and tweaked air defenses (make sure to say low level:-)
Welcome to Red Flag Mission 1. My goal in creating this mission is to simulate a realistic air to ground Red Flag mission for RAZBAM’s AV-8B Harrier NA. In order to fly this mission successfully, you’ll need to execute critical tasks, from hitting your timing points to low level flying to possible air to air combat.
Make sure to read and familiarize yourself with the mission briefing and what’s expected of you before you enter the mission. Things can happen fast in the air, so better to prepare on the ground!
This mission features a ton of voice overs, challenging situations and custom triggers and scripts that should help make the experience memorable.
***MISSION DOCUMENTS MAY BE FOUND HERE: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9tls6jskc2jpd96/AACmkhhnpZtWxTxE5IoLhW4la?dl=0***
Last week, Red Army forces began to move combat units close to the Blue border, in clear violation of the UN Security Council resolution 354. This, along with frequent Red Air Force violations into the DMZ area, have led Blue leadership to realize that a Red attack is imminent.
Today, Blue forces will pre-emptively strike the Red Forces staging near the DMZ. The attack will consist of several AV-8B and F/A-18 strikes upon Red Command and Control facilities adjacent to the border, plus SEAD strikes against SAM, AAA and EWR sites. Aiding this effort will be several flight of F-15 and F/A-18 fighters to take care of any hostile airborne responses.
Blue forces will have AWACS, tanker and jamming support on this mission, which will be orbiting to the East.
Red Army and Air forces are on a high state of alert.
• SA-10, SA-8, SA-3 AND SA-6 radar guided SAMs are all located adjacent to the DMZ.
• MANPADS and AAA threats exist throughout the AO.
• Hostile MiG activity has been heavy consisting of MiG-29, SU-27s (simulated by F-15 and F-16s of the 65th Aggressors and the 6513th TEF)
Dodge 1 Flight will be targeting a Red Command and Control Bunker located at NB 67587 40715 in Range 74B, utilizing a low level, high speed run into a pop up, MK-83 bombing attack. You will only be making one pass, then egressing northeast at high speed and low altitude.
DODGE 1 AV-8B STRIKE SOUTH CCC
DODGE 2 F/A-18C STRIKE NORTH CCC
FORD 1 F-15C SOUTH FIGHTER SWEEP
FORD 2 F-15C NORTH FIGHTER SWEEP
FORD 5 F-15C EGRESS FIGHTER SWEEP
PONTIAC 1 F/A-18C SOUTH SEAD
PONTIAC 2 F/A-18C NORTH SEAD
ARCO 11 KC-130 MARINE/NAVY REFUEL
DARKSTAR E-3C AWACS
VACCUUM EC-130 COMM/JAMM
SHOWTIME RED FLAG AIRBOSS
ALLEYCAT RED FLAG RANGE CONTROL
WAYPOINT NAME/ACTION NOTES
1 DEPARTURE FLEX DEPARTURE RWY 03R
2 FLEX NOT ABOVE 4000 MSL
3 SALLY CORRIDOR ENTRY
4 REFUEL TRACK REFUEL W/ARCO 11 295.4
6 PUSH POINT PUSH TIME 16:45
7 NAV POINT BEGIN LOW LEVEL, 440 KIAS
8 TURN POINT LOW LEVEL 480 KTS
9 NAV POINT LOW LEVEL 480 KTS
10 INITIAL POINT POP UP ATTACK
11 TARGET TARGET (IR THREAT, USE FLARES)
12 EGRESS LOW LEVEL 480 KTS
13 NAV POINT LOW LEVEL 480 KTS
14 NAV POINT, EXIT COMBAT BEGIN CLIMB TO CRUISE
15 APEX CONTACT TOWER
16 NELLIS AFB LAND (OVERHEAD BREAK 21L)
EXTRA BUTTER – SEAD PUSH TIME (16:43)
EXTRA LEGROOM – FIGHTER PUSH TIME (16:44)
EXTRA ADVENTURE – STRIKER PUSH TIME (16:45)
FIESTA COORS – MISSION COMPLETE RTB
NOTES ABOUT WAYPOINTS
• This mission is trigger based and these triggers rely on you overflying your waypoints to trigger the next event.
• Fly runway heading until north of the Racetrack, not above 4000msl until waypoint 2.
• Upon reaching waypoint 3 you will be pushed to ALLEYCAT
• You must decide whether to aerial refuel prior to the push, or go without. This question will be asked of you by ALLEYCAT between waypoint 3 and 4. Answer via the
Radio Menu F10 Other option. (I have flown this mission without air to air refuelling and there is JUST enough gas, but you need to be very conservative with the throttle.
I recommend tanking!)
• Be at the Push Point (Waypont 6) on time (16:45) and start a descent to low level. Maintain at least 440 KIAS!
• Be at very low level by the time you reach Highway. Fr om waypoint 7, ensure you are flying low and at least 480 KIAS.
• Waypoint 9 is where you will be turning south towards the target. Use the mountains to mask yourself from the Red Air Defenses.
• Approaching the target, Pontiac 1 flight is tasked with destroying the SA-8 adjacent to the bunker. If this SA-8 is still active for your run in, you may have to take it out with your SIDEARM.
• Utilize a pop up attack to bomb the bunker. Ensure that you pull out of the resultant dive at least 1000agl. MANPADs are expected around the target, so liberal use of flares and evasive manoeuvres is recommended.
• Egress the target at high speed towards waypoint 12.
• Remember, it’s important to overfly each and every one of your waypoints, unless directed to do something else. This mission is trigger based, and relies on you to navigate to these points to trigger the next event.
• DO NOT FLY INTO R4808A!
• DO NOT CHANGE THE WEAPONS LOADOUT! Mission functionality requires you to fly with what you’re given.
CHANNEL FREQ USE
1 287.8 AIR TO AIR / AWACS
2 289.4 KLSV CLND
3 275.8 KLSV GROUND
4 327 KLSV TOWER
5 385.4 KLSV DEPARTURE
6 273.55 KLSV ARRIVAL
7 317.525 SALLY CNTRL
8 254.4 LEE CNTRL
9 305.6 SOF
10 343.725 SFA
11 270.1 KLSV ATIS
12 360.625 KINS TOWER
13 234.325 COYOTE
14 289.3 CALIENTE
15 228 RANGE 74
16 363.9 RANGE 75
17 238.8 ALAMO
18 231.1 JUICE
19 261.1 DREAMLAND APPROACH
20 300.05 HAVE QUICK TOD
21 377.8 BLACKJACK
22 257.8 KLAS TOWER
23 122.1 FLIGHTWATCH
24 123.3 RENO FSS
25 255.4 RENO FSS
26 226.1 CREECH SOF
NOTES ABOUT COMMS
Most communications with air traffic control and mission elements are scripted in the mission, and do not need any intervention by the players in order to work. Do not use the default ATC comm menus in the game.
There are two instances in the mission wh ere you will need to use the Radio Menu / F10 Other menu to make a choice.
• The first will be somewhere between waypoint 3 and 4, when ALLEYCAT will inquire as to whether you would like to do aerial refuelling prior to the push time, or not.
• The second time will occur when/if you are complete with the air to air refuelling when you’ll need to use the Radio Menu / F10 Other option to contact AWACS when you depart the tanker.
You CAN use the standard radio menu items to:
• Contact Darkstar (AWACS)
• Contact ARCO 11 (air refuelling tanker)
• Command your Wingman
Besides the examples above, you will not need to use the radio menu to contact ATC or other mission elements. These will happen at certain times or when you pass certain waypoints.
Voice overs kindly provided by: