Motivated by many stunning Caucasus Texture mods, I made this Caucasus Terrain Texture Switcher Mod.
It allows players to keep all his/her favorite texture mods under different seasons, but enable preferred ones on-the-fly without tedious deleting/copying/pasting operations
It's JSGME ready!
thread EN: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=167862
thread CN: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2798237
v1.5: for ob 1.5.5 fix
v1.4: for ob 1.5.4 with caucasus icon captured in Wags video
v1.3: restore land_texture, and building texture options
v1.2: fix missing texture issue (temporarily disabled land_texture, building, and maptexture options)
v1.1: quick fix for missing options folder
It works similar to my previous Customized Cockpit Texture Mod. You need to put a proper description.lua file in each customized terrain texture folder (those folders can only contain dds files)
1. download the attachment, and unzip it
2. move the 'Caucasus Terrain Texture Switcher' folder to your JSGME mod folder
3. enable the mod via JSGME
** below steps are critical as well **
4. enter '\Mods\terrains\CaucasusBase\vfstextures' folder
5. put customized texture folder here, e.g. autumn_by_xxx, springother_by_xxx (you can give whatever name to the folder)
6. unzip the 'tex_description_lua_pack.zip' in the attachment, you will get 11 lua files (e.g. LandTexture.lua, LandTextureSpring.lua etc)
7. copy/paste each lua file to corresponding customized texture folder, and rename it to 'description.lua'
e.g., 'autumn_by_xxx' is for LandTexturesAutumn, so you should copy/paste 'LandTexturesAutumn.lua' to 'autumn_by_xxx', and rename it to 'description.lua'
'xxxaaaxx' is for Buildings_textures, then you should copy/paste 'Buildings_textures.lua' to 'xxxaaaxx', and rename it to 'description.lua'
8. Start game, and in Options->Special->Caucasus, you can decide which texture to load in game, respectively