The 411th Tactical Fighter Squadron 'Griffins' were established at the onset of the Osean War in 1940 as the 411th Pursuit Training Squadron , training aircrews in basic fighter combat. Following the end of the war, the unit was granted to the Califia Air National Guard out of Naval Air Station St Hewitt in 1946. Following a tumultuous early history of neglect, culminating in the entire Califian Air National Guard to have direct oversight fr om the Air Defense Force as a whole, the unit would enter the jet age in 1955, and become a lethal force with their adoption of the F-4C Phantom in the mid 1960s.
In the 1980's the Unit would transfer into the F-16A, and fly them throughout the Belkan War until 2000, with the Addition of the 408th TFS Allowing for the Griffins to transfer into the F-15C. The unit would gain notoriety during the Circum-Pacific war wh ere their fighters would help defend Port St Hewlett from Yuktobanian Attack.
Today, the 411th still stands alert at Port St Hewitt.