P-47D - 1st Brazilian Ftr Sq-Jambock B6-2nd Lt. Lara
(update vs 2.2 - Feb,15th New template, New Spinner, Rezised Pin-up countour and name, several new details and cosmetics)
(update vs 2.0 - New template with wireframe, Chrome spinner, New Jambock Pilot included and skin for the Livery Contest)
(update vs 1.3 - Chrome MG Covers, Jambock Pilot Included and cosmetics)
(update vs 1.2 - Covers all P-47D Models)
A bit of History:
The First Brazilian Fighter Group was created in 1943. The training was performed by the Forward Echelon in Florida, then as a Group in P-40s in Aguadulce, Panama, and Sulfolk, New York, flying P-47s. It had a Squadron size.
During the World War II , the Group was attached to the 350th Fighter Group in Italy as the 4th squadron (1944-1945). It was based initially in Tarquinia and later in Pisa. Due to low on replacements, the pilots extended the Tour of Duty until the war end.
"Jambock" was the callsign used by the Brazilian Fighter Group during the war and still is in used today (flying F-5EM and F-5FM). "Jambock" name has an Indonesian/South African origin (sjanbok or Sambok) and means "animal skin or wood whip". It was a kind of whip.
About this Livery:
The livery is as historical as possible.
2nd Lt. Roussoulieres Lara flew 80 combat mission in WWII. He flew most of the time as "Yellow Six" on his "B6", a P-47D-28-RA SN 42-28986.
After the war he continued on the Brazilian Air Force - FAB - as fighter instructor but soon after that he had an aviation accident where he crashed in a montain side. It was an instantaneous death.
The Patch on the nose means:
- Ostrich - Brazilians can take and handle anything;
- Hat - The Brazilian Air Force Pilot;
- Shield - The Thunderbolt toughness and the Pilot protection;
- Blue and the 5 Stars - Brazilian Sky and the "South Cross constellation";
- Pistol - the Jug fire-power;
- Cloud - the airspace, "the pilot's floor";
- Red Background - the blood of the brazilians WIA and KIA;
- "Senta a Púa!" - Group Motto and means "Go for it!" in a "free translation";
Later, after the war, it was added a Flak Cloud to represent the enemy AAA.
How to install:
Extract the 1st Brazilian Ftr Sq-Jambock C6-Goulart folder to your C:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\CoreMods\WWII Units\P-47D-30\Liveries\P-47D-30 folder.
Remember to double check your HD drive letter and DCS destination folder.
Extract the 1st Brazilian Ftr Sq-Jambock C6-Goulart folder to your C:\Users\"YourUserNameHere"\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Liveries\P-47D-30 folder
If you don't have that folder, you may create it.
Remember to double check your HD drive letter and Saved Games destination folder.
Any feedback is well accepted. Btw, there is a texture problem on the side insignias that I could not solve. The rearmost part of the lateral insignias are kind metallic. I think it will be solved with the future template.
All the best,
- Senta a Púa - Rui Moreira Lima
- FAB na Segunda Guerra Mundial - Luciano Monteiro. (Modelling book)
- Heróis do Céu - Legends by Rui Moreira Lima and Meira - Action Editora
- A História do 1 Grupo de Caça 1943-1945 - John W. Buyers
- The 350th Fighter Group - Schiffer
- Luiz Lopes Dornelles - Alessandria 26 Aprile 1945 - Francesco Carrer
Jambock Documentary (very good English Closed Captions): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DTROkLVpM4