hey folks, this is a recreation of the Israeli air force 144 squadron - "Phoenix" , previously known as the "protectors of the desert" (arava desert).
its was formed at 1972 and operated the "IAI Nesher", "IAI Kfir C.2" and "IAI Kfir C.7" , during the "Yom Kippur war" ( 6 - 24 October 1973) the squadron shot down 44 enemy aircraft without any aircraft or personal loss. the squadron replaced the aging Kfir with the F16A/B "netz" at 1994 and was closed at 2005.
the camo is also a bit different from other iaf variants.
[Updated 28/05/2020] - Tail and intake numbers are now dynamic. also included a version of the skin with a static tail number and numbered fuel tanks.
- bort numbers bug is now gone.
- changed tail number fonts to a custom font.
- implemented elements from official f16 template made by ED, lines and rivets are now the way they should be.
- changed metallic maps and added elements that were missing.
- changed roughness maps.
-added decals across all parts.
- made some decals smaller and moved the gun safing pin, epu safing and other various decals to their correct position.
- changed colors of the scheme for better representation of the federal standard colors of the IAF scheme ( its a mix between the old and new colors for more visual appeal in dcs light system).
- added dirt, grime and grease wear and tear.
- changed color of the right cheek station of the tgp to the IAF light grey color.
- changed color of the center line station to the IAF light grey color.
- changed fuel tanks labels to hebrew and added grime and dirt.
- created and added better and high def decals for the fuel tank valves, changed roughness maps.
- fuel tanks now have the plane number on the back and fuel tank number on front. ( because it uses the same map for both tanks there will be duplication).
- added plane numbers and pylon number for all pylons and rails.
- missile rails now have "Netz" or "barak" designation and detail plate for each version.
- pylons and rails also painted in lighter grey color, fuel tank pylons now have yellow color for the back part.
- pilot now have israeli shoulder ranks.
- pilot now have IAF name tags and wings patch.
- pilot's patches now have their own custom normal maps.
- Overall texture fixes.
- Tail and Intake numbers are now dynamic.
----------How to use-----------
place the two folders in your C:\Users\*User Name*\Saved Games\DCS\Liveries\F-16C_50
you'll need to create the "F-16C_50" folder if its not there
i do not give permission to use or modify this skin or parts of it in the creation of other skins.
you wanna do that ?, send me a pm in the forums.
and as always, ENJOY
and hope you'll like it :)