This is an improve and overall rework of the textures of the Mirage 2000C (and it elements). In 8K.
Using Photoshop and real life photo for texturing and datas.
Plz read the description, it is updated (1 bug bix about the issue that show a dark skin and don't load the livery).
NEW / NOTE :
- A new livery from the Egyptian Air Force and the 82 Tactical Fighter Squadron, (based on the Mersa Matruh AirBase), is available here (i couln't not add it in this original folder because the file size restriction) : https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/fr/files/3316176/
- Plz check the "BUG REPORT AND "FIX" " section at the bottom of the description.
If interested, you can know more details about the "how" of this work following this link: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=260447
This mod is working and can be installed the exact same way than a livery (and it is JSGME ready) !
For now, only the "Escadron de chasse 2/5 Île-de-France" livery and the "Egyptian Mirage 2000 EM" livery are availables with this textures trought my own upload (but others done somes work based on also).
What is made:
- The overall Mirage 2000C textures in 8K
- All the external fuel tanks (2 types)
- The R550 Magic II missile
- The landing gear doors
- Somes roughmetsmap and bumpmaps improvement (to add multiples kinds of effects and dirt)
- Nozzle, radome and pitot contrast
- The top of the service ladder (because... XD)
How to install with JSGME :
1) Simply place the folder (unziped) into : *Your HD*:\DCS World\_Mods
2) Activate it with JSGME
Work also with the OpenBeta 2.7.
If you dont use JSGME, place the folder (unziped) here :
*Your HD*:\DCS World (or DCS World OpenBeta)\CoreMods\aircraft\M-2000C\Liveries\M-2000C
But with that way it can provoc a file authentification fail and prevent you to connect in multiplayers.
NOTE : To be able flying online with the client protection, an installation with JSGME (or equivalent soft) is recommended.
Thoses textures, even in 8K, are NOT impacting the FPS performances. It just take a few tiny secondes more to load than the original M2000C textures :D
BUG REPORT AND "FIX" : For unknow reasons thoses 8K textures show a full black skin when the texture setting in DCS are set on "low" or "medium" (the livery in 8K ca not be loaded in those settings). You will be able to see this texture only with the texture set on "HIGH" !