(update vs 2.2 - Initial release with New Spinner, New inter-cooler doors, Reworked Cowling latches, Early acft with new anti-glare, vertical stab fin bare metal, Radio mast in anti-glare, several new details and cosmetics, New template with wireframe, reworked anti-glare, reworked rudder, Chrome spinner, New Jambock Pilot included, Chrome MG Covers, Covers all P-47D Models and cosmetics)
A bit of History:
The First Brazilian Fighter Group was created in 1943. The training was performed by the Forward Echelon in Florida, then as a Group in P-40s in Aguadulce, Panama, and Suffolk, New York, flying P-47s. It had a Squadron size.
During the World War II , the Group was attached to the 350th Fighter Group in Italy as the 4th squadron (1944-1945). It was based initially in Tarquinia and later in Pisa. Due to low on replacements, the pilots extended the Tour of Duty until the war end.
"Jambock" was the callsign used by the Brazilian Fighter Group during the war and still is in used today (flying F-5EM and F-5FM). "Jambock" name has an Indonesian/South African origin (sjanbok or Sambok) and means "animal skin or wood whip". It was a kind of whip.
About this Livery:
The livery is fictional. This is my first attempt to make an Chrome Livery. The P-47D Demonstrator would be used in airshows, but it is completely fictional. I consider it a work in progress.
The Patch on the nose means:
- Ostrich - Brazilians can take and handle anything;
- Hat - The Brazilian Air Force Pilot;
- Shield - The Thunderbolt toughness and the Pilot protection;
- Blue and the 5 Stars - Brazilian Sky and the "South Cross constellation";
- Pistol - the Jug fire-power;
- Cloud - the airspace, "the pilot's floor";
- Red Background - the blood of the brazilians WIA and KIA;
- "Senta a Púa!" - Group Motto and means "Go for it!" in a "free translation";
Later, after the war, it was added a Flak Cloud to represent the enemy AAA.
How to install:
Extract the 1st Brazilian Ftr Sq-Jambock-Demonstrator Chrome folder to your C:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\CoreMods\WWII Units\P-47D-30\Liveries\P-47D-30 folder.
Remember to double check your HD drive letter and DCS destination folder.
Extract the 1st Brazilian Ftr Sq-Jambock-Demonstrator Chrome folder to your C:\Users\"YourUserNameHere"\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Liveries\P-47D-30 folder
If you don't have that folder, you may create it.
Remember to double check your HD drive letter and Saved Games destination folder.
This is my first attempt to make a DCS Livery, so be gentle and feedback is well accepted. Btw, there is a texture problem on the side insignias that I could not solve. The rearmost part of the lateral insignias are kind metallic. I think it will be solved with the future template.
All the best,
- Senta a Púa - Rui Moreira Lima
- FAB na Segunda Guerra Mundial - Luciano Monteiro. (Modelling book)
- Heróis do Céu - Legends by Rui Moreira Lima and Meira - Action Editora
- A História do 1 Grupo de Caça 1943-1945 - John W. Buyers
- The 350th Fighter Group - Schiffer
Jambock Documentary (very good English Closed Captions): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DTROkLVpM4