Realistic checklists, quickstart guide, full list of weapons, HAFU helper, and more.
v1.2 (28.01.2021) - Multiple fixes and PDF version.
- Multiple fixes, HAIL-R checklist, redesigned Quickstart cheatsheet.
- All images reworked for the current kneeboard format.
- PDF version added (separate download link in the description below).
- Version skipped
This collection of checklists is based on real-world procedures as closely as practicable for the DCS environment. I took the original NATOPS checklist, carefully removed all the excessive parts (such as the cockpit preparation and the passive checks) and further polished it with Tricker's superb YouTube guides that he created with the help from real Hornet pilots.
Also included are the full list of weapons with their DDI codes, the combat checks (inspired by Hornet's Tactical Manual), HAFU/SA symbology helper, and a handy table explaining the tricky art of exterior lighting.
As a bonus, I prepared a separate "Quickstart" cheatsheet that will allow you to get the jet up and running in 32 easy steps (zero aircraft knowledge required).
Everything is compatible with both the carrier and the ashore ops, and available in day and night variants.
HOW TO INSTALL
Extract the downloaded archive, then copy the "FA-18C_hornet" folder into your "Saved Games\DCS (or DCS.openbeta)\KNEEBOARD\" directory. You may need to create the "KNEEBOARD" folder if it doesn't exist.
This Kneeboard Suite is designed as a three-part package. You can complement it with two additional downloads:
* F/A-18C Kneeboard Suite - CASE I/II/III and LSO grades - https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3314314/
* F/A-18C Kneeboard Suite - RWR Threats - https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3314315/
You can also download the complete Suite (all three parts) in a single PDF file from Google Drive:
* Day variant - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1--dJpy_sR_cyct6MK3C3XWgajV1xqUk4/
* Night variant - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wQ4WkzptNFd9zmZ94EZNZ7gRu1-xQnpb/
Created by Dmitriy Kozyrev
If you found an error or have a suggestion, feel free to contact me via email or on ED's forums (Minsky).