OPERATION HELPING HAND
Allied forces are under heavy attack. They need supplies and reinforcements in order to survive.
You'll start from FARP TKAYA, approximately 6nm NE from the target area. Your task is to support our troops in Chuburhindzhi village (CAMP CHARLIE), just into Abkhazia territory. Reinforcement tanks are en route, but still about 45 minutes out. The mission objective, is to suppress all attacking enemy ground forces long enough, for these reinforcements to arrive.
You're free to choose on slingloading supplies to the front to activate support units, insert anti tank and mortar teams and/or take on the enemy forces by yourself...
Mission difficulty can be considered medium to moderate
Mission duration is ±30-60mins (depending choices/skill level)
No mods required
Excellent for training your skills
Mission created with intend of high level action, atmosphere and replay-ability
Comms will be done semi-auto and with radio F10
Short distances, more action
0545 LOCAL TIME - 31st Juli 1978 - OPERATION HELPING HAND
Allied forces are under heavy attack. They need supplies and reinforcements.
They are defending Chuburhindzhi village, which is basically the last line of defense for Enguri bridge.
- Take Off from FARP Tkaya
- Pick up reinforcements and or supplies
- Follow Enguri river downsteam (South-West) until you fly over Enguri bridge
- Chuburhindzhi village is about 2nm West of Enguri bridge
In this mission you can choose to bring supplies and reinforcements to the front line (CAMP CHARLIE)
Your kneeboard and the briefing pictures will provide all details for pickup and drop zones.
- 3x M113 fuel (slingload) --> Drop zone at CAMP CHARLIE
- 3x M60 MBT oil (slingload) --> Drop zone at CAMP CHARLIE
- 3x EWR parts (slingload) --> Drop zone at CAMP DELTA
- Anti tank reinforcement team 1 --> Drop zone marked with green smoke
- Mortar team reinforcement team 2 --> Drop zone marked with orange smoke
(2 spare crates per sling load, in case you mess up. Only one will trigger though)
or take on the enemies all by yourself.....
Until the sun rises over the mountain tops, it might be wise to use your search light at the pickup and drop zones. It will also help to familiarize yourself with the target area and drop zones by checking the briefing photos.
Mission objective is to defend our allies and suppress all opposing forces, until our reinforcement M60's arrive.
Intel reports the following threats:
Multiple enemy infantry units
Multiple enemy armored vehicles (BDRM, BMD, BMP and possible T55)
Possibility of mobile AAA units
Possibility of enemy air attacks
version 2.0 changes:
- Added a second (spare) Huey in case your first one gets shot
- Added more enemies
- Added more allies
- Added medevac mission (only triggers when camp Charlie is destroyed)
- Added multiple crates (in case you accidentally destroy them)
- Added CAS request
- Added some automatic radio callouts
- Added a bunch of additional triggers to make it all work ;-)