The idea is not new. But Opacity in Labels.lua is broken and many don't realize there is workaround.
This Labels file is adjusted to be subtle enhancement to visibility.
Install: Extract to DCS Main install path or use mod manager. Must choose Dots only labels in game.
I have included ...
2nm with mod - http://ipic.su/aHjDz.jpg
4nm vanilla - http://ipic.su/aHjDK.jpg
4nm with mod - http://ipic.su/aHjDG.jpg
10nm vanilla - http://ipic.su/aHjDT.jpg
10nm with mod - http://ipic.su/aHjDP.jpg
1. Unpack file "Labels.lua" to %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\DCS\Config\View
2. Use "Dot only" setting in game
DCS: World 2.5
Freeware - Free version, Do Not Redistribute
Labels mod for VR - reduce on screen text
Reduce the on screen detail of ground, air and naval units and also weapons. . = Ground * = Air % = Naval ^ = Weapons.
Simply copy the 'View' folder to your Config dir in your saved games folder for DCS....
A simple JSGME Ready mod that changes the information displayed with Labels turned on as to not feel too "Gamey" or "Cheaty" for those of you who would still like to use Labels anyway.
With a simple change in some text on the Labels.lua I have managed to change the In-Game Labels to be indiscriminate ...
This mod provides the following features:
• Setup mode with help text to customize zoom settings
• Label masking by cockpit frame
• Lightening of cockpit colors
• use of build in DCS VR zoom without parallel projection for Pimax 5k+/8k
• copy/paste of radio messages and F10 map coordinates to easier JTAC coordinates conversion (see forum link below for more informations)
• mirror sun glare (too high and not synchronized for each eye) can be disabled
• scaling of NVG in VR so it is possible...
... everyone has the same computer equipment (TrackIR, 4K screens, VR headsets, or simple 1080) so spotting enemy is biased. In real life, on a clear day, you can spot a plane at very long distances - I'd say 15 nm is not an exaggeration. Without proper labels, only a very few can do this in multiplayer at this time. This compromise doesn't make it "too easy" for players because of the way the labels are presented during game play... Read how the labels work...
HOW IT WORKS
At long ...
Rework of the labels of the Cockpit for better reading specially in VR.
Update: Added Several Warning Lights.
Added the Front Pilot Landing/Takeoff Checklist, and Buttons on Rio Radar panel.
Fixed Integrity Check error on multiplayer servers. Instructions inside ...
Маркера улучшающие видимость
Маркера улучшающие видимость (см пример).
Свои и противники одного цвета.
Протестированно на 1920-1080 27-32 дюйма.
DCS: World 2.5
Freeware - Free version, Unlimited distribution