Thanksgiving Sale 2019 Continues!
Great savings continue on the DCS World E-shop, and now you can find most of the same deals on Steam as well. Get them while there are here, savings of up to 50% on most of the DCS World library with the following exceptions:
- DCS: F/A-18 Hornet by ED – 25% off
- Persian Gulf Map by ED – 25% off
- DCS: F/A-18 Hornet + Persian Gulf Map bundle – 35% off E-shop only
- DCS: Christen Eagle II by Magnitude 3 LLC – 25% off
- DCS: F-14 Tomcat by Heatblur Simulations – not on sale at this time
- DCS: F-16C Viper by ED – not on sale at this time
- DCS: UH-1H Huey - WORLDS APART Spring 2025 – 50% off E-shop Only
- DCS: F/A-18C: Aggressors BFM Campaign – 50% off E-shop Only
Note: the sale only applies to released, non-pre-order products.
DCS: UH-1H Huey - WORLDS APART Spring 2025 on Steam!
Download now from the Steam
This is a story-driven campaign that places you in the role of a German Bell UH-1H Helicopter Pilot serving in the “WOLF PACK” squadron, a unit of the German Light Aircraft Group (Heeresflieger).
You are part of a four-person crew that consists of your Commanding Officer Peter Berger, two Gunners Hans and Tom, and you, Frank, as the right seat co-pilot. Fly missions with your squadron leader, WOLF ONE, and other helicopter and fixed-wing units. Missions include other air, ground, and naval forces from different countries. You will conduct day and night unarmed transport, armed patrol in various weather conditions.
- 12 challenging missions
- More than 1400 voice-overs
- Voice actors with an American, German, and Russian accents
- And more than 170 pages detailed documentation
- Mission-specific information that is integrated into the kneeboard pages
Open Beta Update
- With this week’s Open Beta update, we saw some big changes to the Viper, you can see some of these change highlights in videos by Matt ‘Wags’ Wagner here:
- Another big addition was the initial implementation of integrated voice chat for DCS World. For this first release, it includes very basic functionality: 3 fixed rooms (COMMON, BLUE, RED), Microphone control (Use always, Mute, Push to talk) and sound device assignment. BLUE and RED rooms created when any user occupied a slot. We want to check VC server mass loading and to collect your responses and wishes for this stage. You can report your issues and wishes here.
- Other highlights include:
- Over G damage added to both the Viper & Hornet
- Aft Antenna for AWW-13 data link pod (shown here)
Development Report #7
DCS Voice Chat Roadmap -
- Q4 2019
- Bug fixing of the initial release
- Illumination of the PTT button while transmitting
- Iteration 1 - Q1 2020
- User-created rooms
- Auto-created rooms for multi-crew
- Auto-created rooms for key frequencies set in the Mission Editor
- Iteration 2
- Show the name of the user who is talking at the moment
- Possibility to tune volume of own mic
- Possibility to put on/off the voice of any user
- Possibility to tune the volume of any user
- Mic self-test
- Software boost of the audio signal
- Iteration 3
- Frequency-based coms
- Encrypted radio
- Possibility to work with few radios simultaneously
- Iteration 4
- Radio effects on voice transmission
- Real radio visibility depending on the power of actual radio units and terrain
- Iteration 5
- Comm jamming effect with additional zones for EW
Thank you all for your passion and support.
The Eagle Dynamics Team