Established in 1952, the 73rd Fighter Squadron "Gorgons" began their career as a Air Reserve Combat Squadron flying F-82F Sabres. Deploying multiple times, the Gorgons would distinguish themselves in combat, destroying multiple enemy aircraft in various conflicts.
In 1964, the Squadron would then transfer into the F-4 Phantom aircraft, ending their tenure in the Phantom by deploying to support the Osean Forces deployed during the Adama Incident a decade later.
In 1975, the squadron would transition into the F-16A as the OADF Reserves training squadron. Stationed at Milford Air Base, the Squadron would not see active service until 1995, flying various defense sorties near November City in conjunction with the Califia Air Guards 411th Fighter Squadron.
In 2019, the squadron would be deactivated following a disastrous first contact with Erusean Drones in the opening hours of the Lighthouse War.