VNAO DCS Hornet Case 1 Practice:(Updated for the DCS Super Carrier).
This is a single player training aid mission focused on carrier landings.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.....THE COCKPIT IN THIS MISSION HAS SE T PROGRAMED AUTOMATED FUCTIONS...DONT NOT TOUCH ANY BUTTONS OR CONTROLS UNTIL
THE 25 SECOND COUNTDOWN DISPLAYED ON YOUR SCREEN HAS FINISHED.
1. Before mission start set your throttle between 1/4 and half throttle and flaps to auto.
2. You will Spawn in your Hornet and will be around 3nm from the "Initial" (6nm DME from the rear of the carrier) on the BRC heading of 301* at a alt of 800ft at 350knts
3. AUTOMATED COCKPIT FUCTIONS ARE AS FOLLOWS..........
-Auto pilot will automatically set to 800ft.
-ATC will automatically set to 350knts airspeed.
-Left DDI will automatically set as a HUD repeater.
-Right DDI will automatically set to the FCS page.
-AMPCD will automatically set to the the HSI page and scale down to 5nm.
-Tailhook will automatically lower.
-Tacan will automatically switch on and set to 72X.
-ICLS will automatically switch on and set to CH12.
-Altitude switch will automatically set to RDR.
-CRS switch will automatically engauge for 2 secs and set to a bearing of 301*.
-Radar alt will automatically set to approx 170ft.
-Master arm switch will set to "safe".
4. After you see the 25 second countdown expire, a text saying "RADIO THE CARRIER VIA THE RADIO MENU" will appear. (there is no AIRBOSS script or any other 3rd party
scripts installed...just the stock standard dcs carrier menu).
5. Radio the carrier,(that is all you have to do).
-Radio Menu \
-F2.CVN-72 Abraham Lincoln(305MHzam)...
-F2.See You At 10
6. Fly the pattern,Land,End mission,Restart mission and go again.
7. It's been noted that after a DCS update during the 25 second countdown the ATC might bug and disengage,if this happens just quit and restart the mission to recalibrate the mission to the lastest DCS update.
I recommend downloading Minsky's case 1, 2, 3, kneeboard https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3314314/