This is a Virtual Co-Pilot for the F-5E Tiger checklists using VoiceAttack. This profile is designed to act as an integrated, automated system to audibly call out the various checklist items for the different phases of flight, instead of you having to read from a list, or remember everything.
The included file is a VoiceAttack profile that audibly calls out the various checks for four different phases of flight;
(2) Post Start
• A checklist is started by simply saying "Open <name> Checklist" (example: "Open Startup Checklist"). Once opened, the virtual co-pilot will announce the checklist being used, and provide the first check.
• To work through the checklist items, simply say "check" once you've completed the item, and the virtual co-pilot will call out the next item in the list.
• You can say "Exit Checklist" at any time, which is recommended if you do not want to complete a checklist, in order to keep VoiceAttack from getting confused with any future commands.
• After opening the Landing Checklist, the first instructions given are for the initial approach. Afterwards, you will be prompted to say "Continue" whenever you are ready to hear the next set of instructions. The Landing Checklist includes instructions for the initial approach, the upwind leg, the crosswind leg, the downwind leg, the base leg, approaching the turn to final, and the final approach.
• A README.txt file is included that provides the information presented here, including a description, the installation procedures, operation, features, and requirements.
• 99% of the procedures used in this profile were taken from the DCS GUIDE A-10C WARTHOG, produced by Chuck's Guides. The guides produced by this guy are excellent sources of information for DCS aircraft. Please consider supporting this effort at https://www.patreon.com/chucksguides
To install, extract the file and import it to VoiceAttack. You can use it as a stand-alone profile, or use the "Import Commands" feature in VoiceAttack to add the virtual co-pilot to an existing profile. I've tested each checklist as best as I can, but if you come across any issues please let me know. I'm also curious to know if any of you find this useful.
(1) You must have a licensed version of VoiceAttack
(2) You must have the text-to-speech voice "Microsoft Desktop Zira" installed on your PC*
* This profile was created using the text-to-speech voice "Microsoft Desktop Zira" - If you do not have this voice installed on your PC, you can download and install it from an online resource. If you have other text-to-speech voices installed, you can easily switch this profile to use one of those by doing the following:
(1) Click the VoiceAttack "Export Profile" command
(2) When the profile appears, click the "Export" button
(3) When the Export dialog box appears, use the "Save as type:" drop-down box to select "VoiceAttack Profile Expanded as XML (*.vap)"
(4) After exporting the file, open the file in an XML editor
(Notepad++ has a plugin for editing XML files https://sourceforge.net/projects/npp-plugins/files/XML%20Tools/Xml%20Tools%202.4.9%20Unicode/
(5) Once the profile is open in the XML editor, do a search-and-replace - search for "Microsoft Zira Desktop" and replace that with the name of the TTS voice you want to use.
(6) Save the file, then use the VoiceAttack "Import Profile" command to import the modified file.