Fictional RNLAF NF5A (DCS F-5E-3) Skin + F-5A Wingtip Tanks Mod ( v 07-10-2019 ) + Custom Skins.
First of all credits to SkateZilla and FastCargo and C.J. van Gent,
- SkateZilla for creating the F-5A Wingtip Tanks Mod ( cosmetic ) useable in DCS.
- FastCargo for creating the Wing Tank Shape for the T-38/F-5A/B.
- C.J. van Gent for the outstanding book, De Northrop NF-5 - De geschiedenis van de NF-5 in Nederland,
with all the needed information about the Dutch (N)F5A/(B)'s for my skinning project.
The F-5A Wingtip Tanks Mod For F-5E / F-5E-3 was tested with current DCS World release ( stable ) version 2.5.5
The mod version: 07.10.2019.1
Information and updates of the mod by SkateZilla can be found here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=204615&highlight=tiptanks
I have created this pack so you can use the skin of the Koninklijke Luchtmacht NF5 TestGroep and use the WingTipTanks with custom paintscheme in DCS World again.
More F-5E-3 liveries will be(come) avialable as you can see in the Install Example picture inside the modpack !
1. Install and activate the Mod folder called "F-5A Wingtiptanks Mod v 07-10-2019" with the JSGME program to use the modified F-5E.lua file.
( Or, copy the F-5E.lua file and paste it into C:\ProgramFiles\DCS World\CoreMods\aircraft\F-5E after you have saved the original F-5E.lua file first )
* Information about the JSGME program can be found here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98607
* Deactivate the Mod with the JSGME program before updating your DCS World to a newer version.
* The F-5A Wingtip Tanks Mod For F-5E / F-5E-3 will stop working after an update of the F-5E.lua file by Eagle Dynamics.
2. Install the Mod folder called "F-5A Tanks Mod" in: C:\User\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\aircraft\
(ie: should be ......\Mods\aircraft\F-5A Tanks Mod)
* If you do not have, already created, a "Mods\aircraft" folder in the Saved Games section,
I strongly suggest to create a Mods\aircraft folder in the Saved Games section.
3. Install the livery folder "RNLAF TestGroep K-3058" in: C:\User\Saved Games\DCS\Liveries\F-5E-3\
(ie: should be ......\Liveries\F-5E-3\RNLAF TestGroep K-3058)
* If you do not have, already created, a "Liveries\F-5E-3" folder in the Saved Games section,
I strongly suggest to create a Liveries\F-5E-3 folder in the Saved Games section.
Greets en Enjoy, Wine.