A recreation of the Israeli Air Force F16C single seat Barak from the 117 Squadron with the "Barak 2020" avionics upgrade markings.
the squadron will be closed in october this year ( 2020) after 67 years of service, during which it participated in all of Israel's campaigns, and accumulated a count of 121.5 enemy kills - including the first kill with an F16A and the first kill of a Mig23. the squadron also participated in the strike of the osirak nuclear reactor in iraq in 1981.
[ Updated 28/05/2020 ] - Tail and intake numbers are now dynamic, also includes a second skin with a static number and numbered fuel tanks.
hey folks, skin is updated (details below).
now includes dynamic tail and intake numbers.
- bort numbers bug is now gone.
- implemented elements from official f16 template made by ED, lines and rivets are now the way they should be.
- changed metallic maps and added elements that were missing.
- changed roughness maps.
-added decals across all parts.
- made some decals smaller and moved the gun safing pin, epu safing and other various decals to their correct position.
- changed colors of the scheme for better representation of the federal standard colors of the IAF scheme ( its a mix between the old and new colors for more visual appeal in dcs light system).
- added dirt, grime and grease wear and tear.
- changed color of the right cheek station of the tgp to the IAF light grey color.
- changed color of the center line station to the IAF light grey color.
- changed fuel tanks labels to hebrew and added grime and dirt.
- created and added better and high def decals for the fuel tank valves, changed roughness maps.
- fuel tanks now have the plane number on the back and fuel tank number on front. ( because it uses the same map for both tanks there will be duplication).
- added plane numbers and pylon number for all pylons and rails.
- missile rails now have "Netz" or "barak" designation and detail plate for each version.
- pylons and rails also painted in lighter grey color, fuel tank pylons now have yellow color for the back part.
- pilot now have israeli shoulder ranks.
- pilot now have IAF name tags and wings patch.
- pilot's patches now have their own custom normal maps.
- overall texture fixes.
- tail and intake numbers are now dynamic.
----------How to use------------
place the two folders in your C:\Users\*User Name*\Saved Games\DCS\Liveries\F-16C_50
you'll need to create the "F-16C_50" folder if its not there.
--------Work files and F16C Template--------------------
with these two skins i'm providing all of my work files in psd format (photoshop 2019)
which include :
over 120 decals , all in vector form, as smart objects. placed in their real life places on the jet.
guide layers with colors for every part so you can work better in the model viewer.
detail layer of panel line and rivets in black and white. - put in multiply over the solid color layer.
you can find these work files here :
<a class="txttohtmllink" href="https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cem8by7wxammuk8/AAAdx4dEzypsm_ivOSiBPFu9a?dl=0
</a>"><a class="txttohtmllink" href="https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cem8by7wxammuk8/AAAdx4dEzypsm_ivOSiBPFu9a?dl=0
-------working on the wings-----------
there's only one working file for the wings. since its a template for both.
to work on the right wing work as normal and save the dds file as F16_bl50_wing_R.dds
to work on the left wing first flip horizontal the canvas ( in photoshop - image tab > rotate image > flip canvas horizontal). place everything you need on the respective layers, flip back and save as F16_bl50_wing_L.dds
hope you'll like it :)