(Revision 6.0 updates missions to work with latest DCS updates in relation to the carrier)
This Reduced Version of "The Serpents Head" is a five mission F18C Campaign. It is only to be used if you do not have the Nevada Map. If you do you should use the full version.
The Campaign is story line based and follows the progress of “Ford” (yourself) and his involvement in a new conflict in the Caucasus Region. As in 2008 this is once again in the beleaguered area of Ossetia and Gori.
This conflict is gathering pace at an alarming rate such that the West have sent in a multinational force to the Black Sea in the form of some ground forces but primarily a naval fleet with the USS John C Stennis at its heart.
We join “Ford” on the way to the Stennis just after completing an aerial refuel 154 miles from the carrier.
To successfully play the Campaign through you will need to be familiar with :
1. The use of the 9-line communication system and in particular its use with JTACs when they are lasing for you.
2. Use of the Gun, AIM9X air to air missile, delivery of Mark 83 bombs and AMG65 E laser guided missiles.
3. Use of radio, although most radio messages are trigger based. I have had to introduce radio use to operate runway lights etc in some instances.
4. Landing on the Stennis in various conditions including night time approach.
5. Use of Tacan and ICLS landing system.
Everything else is covered in the briefs please read them before flying.
Good Luck and above all enjoy!