In this F/A-18C Hornet overhaul by Echo One Niner; external sounds have been replaced with our own professional recordings of real F/A-18C Hornets! This includes everything from idle, to afterburner. Hear and FEEL the raw power of the two General Electric F404 turbofans. The select few audio files that were not directly replaced have been tweaked to some extent. This was heavily developed in F3/F11 view modes.
v3 Launch trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rztq6EyqxUk
v3 Preview video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZsB9PlLqdQ
v1 Comparison video:
**** INFO SECTION ****
Donations appreciated! https://tinyurl.com/e19-donations
Join our Discord! https://discord.gg/M7G3gja
Leave feedback either on the forums, or on Discord! I love making things better, so please feel free to drop your suggestions/feedback (good or bad) in either of those places.
Please note, this mod was heavily developed and intended for use in F3/F11 views.
**** CHANGELOG ****
- New and refined afterburner sound
- New and greatly improved flyby effects, both in afterburner and idle!
- Approach sound have also been re-worked!
- Redesigned sound definition files for more cohesion
- Several other tweaks, changes and improvements
- Howling siren effect in F2 view.
- Whisking effect in F2/F3 view should no longer be audible.
NEW / TWEAKS:
- Replaced "around" sample with cleaned up, more audible version.
- Added a couple samples to some sources, plays randomly in list mode (dynamic).
- Tweaks and adjustments to several other sound-sets.
- Bumped up gain on most samples for extra punch.
- Adjusted Distant_Flyby_S - it was creating a distracting "whisking" sound while in F2/F3. This has been largely reduced.
- Tweaked a few samples' EQ
- Adjusted some samples' gain structure
NOTE: This mod was developed with the F3 / F11 views in mind, to reproduce how a real Hornet sounds from the ground.
Archived / Alternate Links:
Version 3: https://tinyurl.com/hornetaudiov3
Version 2: https://tinyurl.com/hornetaudiov2
Version 1: https://tinyurl.com/hornetaudiov1p1