3 US warships mod updated to 1.5.8 and 2.5.0! Includes the Ticonderoga cruiser fix as well. Easier Install + Default/Uninstallation folder
***More info in description
A mod for DCS world which enhances the naval aspect of DCS Combined Arms.
Following tweaks have been made to several files.
1. Unrealistic launch delay for RIM-66 SM-2 and Tomahawk removed.
2. Renamed RGM-109B to RGM-109C TLAM-C(The BGM-109B is a TASM ANTI SHIP MISSILE not land attack,
while TLAM-C is)
3. Increased the tomahawks range from 250nm to 900nm(factual information).
(Sources: Command: Air/Naval Operations, Wikipedia.org)
4. RIM-66 modified to fire at a greater range.
5. Ticonderoga class cruiser can now go at 32.5knots, actual speed IRL. Tomahawk stations and
firing order reconfigured.
Arleigh Burke class Flight IIA
This mod was originally uploaded by Markindel, I requested him to upd ate the 3D model and make some fixes, so he did quite a bit of work, I re-textured a bit too and reconfigured load-outs. (Read more in desc.)
INSTALLATION: Just open the "DCS World" folder and copy over the folders inside it to your own "DCS World" root directory
The default DCS World folder in this download will change these files back to default.
missile.lua ¦¦ (C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts\Database\scripts)
missiles_data.lua ¦¦ (C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts\Database\Weapons)
MissileTable.sht ¦¦ (C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bazar)
db_weapons_data.lua ¦¦ (C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts\Database)
ticonderoga.lua ¦¦ (C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts\Database\navy\blue)
======USS Arleigh Burke Class==========================================
USS Arleigh Burke folder goes to (C:\Users\WINUSERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech)
#PLACE THE "Mods" FOLDER THAT COMES WITH DOWNLOAD INTO (C:\Users\WINUSERNAME\Saved Games\DCS)
1. The ship model was moved to correct level above sea (By Markindel) Helicopter landing point fixed accordingly
2. New and more detailed textures for DDG-96 and DDG-91
3. Load-out changes for DDG-96 (Offensive)
-56x RGM-109C TLAM-C Tomahawks (Changed from 32)
-37x RIM-66 Standard Missile-2s (Replaced by new tomahawks)
4. Load-out changes for DDG-91 (Defensive)
No changes, this ship has less tomahawks than DDG-91 and more SM-2s
5. New data for DDG-96, DDG-91 including new top speed, acceleration and mass.
6. Allowed ships in this package to sail close to the coast, docking and undocking is possible.
SAM weapons on ships can be controlled via combined arms WRA, Tomahawk launched via target option in tactical map. (Manual artillery only works for Ticonderoga cruiser, more information in downloaded file, Burke artillery will automatically fire at close range targets)
NOTE: Helicopter operations work only for AI and not for player. Make sure the ship is not moving too fast when landing otherwise the landing will glitch. The Ticonderoga works fine for the player.
If you want the ship to remain stationary while firing a weapon(artillery or cruise missiles) then set a waypoint for the unit and the speed slider to 0. Without the waypoint the unit will move for no reason. (Combined Arms commands)
Cruise Missile Operations(CA): Do not put the target pointer directly on top of/locked to a ground unit(if the unit is part of a group, but if it's single it will work), it will not fire the RGM-109, instead zoom in the map and put the target pointer in very close proximity(behind the target from the missile vector is best). You can pre-plan a strike by setting WRA to weapons hold, then changing it to weapons free once you have your targets se t. There is an 8 second gap between every cruise missile fired(Default was 20 seconds).
Videos that include this mod: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf_rJCUKU_k
Quick demo on the usage of this mod: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg7mBKfiZwY&t=16s
DCS 2.5 footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFfEX1__Iio&t=195s