ThrustMaster Hotas Cougar Profile for DCS World F-5E
Profile tested with DCS World 1.5; driver Thrustmaster 2007_HCO_Vista_64_RC1; Foxy 4.2
Instructions for installing these softwares are here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=181049
After downloading the Profile into the Cougar memory, make sure that on the Cougar Control Panel the mode "Button & Axis emulation" is ON (green).
Where to put the Files:
Put the four files of this Profile, on the folder Program Files (x86)\HOTAS\Files.
This Profile is designed to be used with TrackIR. It has no buttons setup for view control.
Since I dont have Rudder pedals, I've designed this profile so that the ANT rotary can be assigned as Rudder, since it's easy to control using your thumb. Assign the Axis on Option-Controls within DCS.
Special Functions of this Profile:
1) The "Dog Fight" button is used as a Mode selector: "UP" = Air-Air Mode; "MIDDLE" = Navigation-StartUp Mode; "DOWN" = Air-Ground Mode; adjusting the function of Hats and Buttons according to the Mode selected.
2) The buttons T5 & T4 are used to move the left and right throttles from OFF to IDLE and viceversa, when starting up or shuting down the engines.
3) Press simultaneously the buttons TG2, S3 and S4 of the Joystick, during half a second, to initiate the Eject sequence.
4) The Cougar has a dual contact trigger (TG1 y TG2), this Profile uses TG1 to raise the smoke deflectors and TG2 to actually fire the Guns.
5) The "Speed Brake" button on the Throttle, has multiple functions:
5.1 Pull back, to cycle between the AUTO-FIX-UP positions of the Flaps
5.2 Push forward, to extend the airbrakes, the button holds that position. Returning the lever to the central position retracts the airbrakes. Please note that using the Flaps button at this time, will retract the Airbrakes.
6) The throtle's Microstick is used to move the targeting cursor on the Radar. This function is affected by the keyboard timing parameters set on Windows; for best result set "Repeat Delay" to shortest and "Repeat Rate" to Fast (on Windows Control Panel -> Keyboard)
Since on some Cougars the Microstick doenst work smoothly, it is also possible to move this cursor using Hat3 while on mode AA or AG. Use wichever control works best for you.
7) The RNG rotary is used as a View Zoom Control rather than a Zoom Axis. Pressing down on the rotary, resets the Zoom to normal.