ThrustMaster Hotas Cougar Profile for DCS World Su-25T
Based on a Flaming Cliffs 2 profile created by Viper (firstname.lastname@example.org
; Legolasindar @ DCS Forums)
Updated Version 1.1
Profile tested with DCS World 1.5; driver Thrustmaster 2007_HCO_Vista_64_RC1; Foxy 4.2
Instructions for installing these softwares are here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=181049
This Profile is designed to be used with TrackIR. It has no buttons setup for view control.
Since I dont have Rudder pedals, I've designed this profile so that the ANT rotary can be assigned as Rudder, since it's easy to control using your thumb. Assign the Axis on Option-Controls within DCS.
Special Functions of this Profile:
1) The "Dog Fight" button is used as a Mode selector: "UP" = Air-Air Mode; "MIDDLE" = Navigation-StartUp Mode; "DOWN" = Air-Ground Mode; adjusting the function of Hats and Buttons according to the Mode selected.
2) The Throttle is divided on three "zones":
0-15% : Engines Off
15-22% : Engines at Idle
22-100% : Engines on normal range.
With the "Dog Fight" button at MIDDLE; position the Throttle on the Idle zone and press the S3 button during 2 seconds to initiate the engines strat-up (the left engine starts first, after 10 seconds the right one starts too).
Likewise, move the Throttle to zero and push S3 for 2 seconds, to initiate the shutdown of both engines.
3) Press simultaneously the buttons S3 and S4 of the Joystick, during half a second, to initiate the Eject sequence.
4) The Cougar has a dual contact trigger (TG1 y TG2), this Profile usese only TG2, so in order to fire you must press the trigger all the way.
5) The "Speed Brake" button on the Throttle, has multiple functions:
5.1 Pull back, to extend-retract the Flaps
5.2 Pull back and hold for 1 seconds, extend the Flaps down to the landing position (only on Navigation Mode).
5.3 Pull back while pressing S3, to extend and retract the undercarriage (only on Navigation mode)
5.4 Push forward, to extend the airbrakes, the button holds that position. Returning the lever to the central position retracts the airbrakes.
5.5 Push forward while pressing S3, to extend the braking chute (only on Navigation Mode)
6) The throtle's Microstick is used to move the targeting cursor on the TV display. Since on some Cougars the Microstick doesn't work smoothly, it is also possible to move this cursor using Hat3 while on mode AA or AG. Use wichever works best.
7) The RNG rotary is used as a View Zoom Control rather than a Zoom Axis. Pressing down on the rotary, resets the Zoom to normal.
Again, my thanks to "Viper", for giving me an example to follow, on the programming of the TM Hotas Cougar using Foxy.