Blindsided - by DragonShadow
OLD VERSION, revised version can be found here:
Co-operative mission supporting upto 4 players (2 recommended).
Available aircraft: 2xKa-50, 2xA-10C.
Scramble! and defend Batumi airdrome against a sneak attack by well armed insurgents. Then take the battle to them.
Revision 1 with extended gameplay and fixes.
* Co-op and single player (Multiplayer server with 1 client) support. Note: Difficulty higher for single player.
* Plenty of scripted events with radio traffic (text with audible notifier) and miscallaneous detailing.
* Some more aggressive, scripted AI behaviour.
* On the move troop deployments.
* JTAC available (but not necessary) for final operations.
* Be a part of a team where your actions truly matter to the outcome of the mission.
Official forum thread (old versions):
As you may know, we have not received any word back from the eastern patrol, since they reported hearing heavy vehicles in the pass. We can only assume the worst.
As of twenty minutes ago we received confirmation that insurgent forces are attempting a sneak attack on the Batumi airdrome.
US Specops are just now sending ahead a two man TACP unit, designation 'Ferret', to provide coordination on a counter attack on the insurgent outpost we have located to the east. Before we can worry about the outpost though, we must succesfully defend Batumi from the insurgent forces closing on us.
Local defense forces are engaged with light enemy units as I speak. Your aircrafts have been fueled and armed, they are waiting. There is no time to waste, scramble!
Pilots reasonably comfortable with either the KA-50 or A-10C in combat tasks and start up, moderate difficulty level.
Revision 1 changes:
- More informative briefing.
- Relaxed F2/F10 viewing to allow allies also.
- Mission events will only begin once a player enters an aircraft, better support for standalone servers.
- Fixed possibility of a group spawning next to a player.
- Improved placement of the deployed insurgent troops to make them more reasonable to find.
- Eliminating 85% of the deployed troops is now sufficient for the victory condition.
- Fixed aggressive AI to be more reliable, also some other scripting.
- Moved eastern aircraft support units into better cover to lessen likelyhood of being destroyed in initial attack.
- Added another group of insurgents attacking from the outpost to keep up the pacing.
- Added airlifted reinforcements for players to balance out the above.
- Reinforcements will help with clearing insurgent infantry incase no KA-50's are piloted.
- Added in a few small non-essential insurgent camps.
- Added in initial situation map.
* Included some suggestions from OddLizard, a few from Frett92 and Newspeedy
* Flight testing with Hagios
* 27878__inequation__walkietalkie-eot.wav: http://www.freesound.org/people/IneQuation/sounds/27878/
(Under license http://creativecommons.org/licenses/sampling+/1.0/
* Eagle Dynamics for creating the DCS series
Initial building time about a week, on and off. Including learning the editor.
Revision 1 a few more days.
Freeware, distribution allowed as is with all files and attributions intact.
All rights otherwise reserved, unless specifically agreed upon.