DCS MiG-15bis English Cockpit - US Units
- Includes Mainstay's HD MiG-15bis Cockpit
- Includes UBoats' MiG-15bis English Translated Cockpit
** THIS MOD IS JSGME COMPATIBLE**
** THIS MOD IS DCS 1.5/2.0 COMPATIBLE**
v1.0 - Airspeed & Altitude read in feet & knots, few gauge faces re-done for cleanliness of texture
v1.1 - Air-start warning placard re-faced, safe-speed & suggested speed markers added to IAS gauge
v1.5 - Verified compatibility for 1.5/2.0, changed folder path structure
WHAT DO THE MARKERS MEAN ON THE AIRSPEED GAUGE?
- RED: Desired touchdown speed @ sea level
- YELLOW: Desired final approach speed @ sea level w/ everything out. Note if you're carrying weight, you may wanna fly a little above this marker on final.
- BLUE: Safe flaps down speed
- GREEN: Safe gear out speed
WHAT'S IN US UNITS?
- Airspeed Gauge is in knots
- Baro Altimeter reads in feet *NOTE* you must COMPLETELY DISREGARD the thin long needle on the altimeter, it is now usless. I cannot render it transparent or remove it, because Belsimtek uses a generic single shared needle texture for a bunch of instruments, and deleting it from the altimeter would delete it from the others as well.
The altimeter's inner needle has been "enhanced" a bit since it will be the needle you use to read altitude; I find myself zooming in as it is to get precise altitudes out of the metric MiG-15 altimeter anyway, so, enjoy zooming in on this one a bit.
- VVI: I did not convert the VVI because it's an eyeball-relative movement instrument in my opinion.
- RALT: I tried to convert the radar altimeter, it just didn't happen. The three popup windows with the preset ranges in them just can't be re-made for round numbers in feet; if I converted them to feet and re-set tick marks for feet, you'd want to gouge your eyes out with a sharp stick every time you looked at the RALT.
As far as I know, these gauge faces are entirely accurate, I checked the math and pulled alot of hair out when I discovered the hard way that the MiG-15's IAS gauge reads from 100kph up, because I'd been using the picture in the manual as a reference (that picture is... wrong.)
I've been banned from the DCS forums; if you would like a personalized version of this cockpit w/ a photo or somesuch, or you just need a hug and a cookie, hit me up at email@example.com