This is a Virtual Co-Pilot for the ASJ-37 Viggen checklists using VoiceAttack. This profile is designed to act as an integrated, automated system to audibly call out the various checklist items for the different phases of flight, instead of you having to read from a list, or remember everything.
The included file is a VoiceAttack profile that acts as a virtual co-pilot for the ASJ-37 Viggen. When a checklist is opened, the virtual co-pilot will audibly call out the various checks for five different checklists:
(1) Pre Start
(4) Airbase Landing
(5) Road Base Landing
Unzip the download file and extract it to a folder on your PC. Use the VoiceAttack "Import Profile" function to import the profile. Once imported, you can use it as a stand-alone profile, or use the "Import Commands" feature in VoiceAttack to add the virtual co-pilot to an existing profile.
OPERATION AND FEATURES:
A Checklist is started by simply saying, for example, "Open Startup Checklist". After speaking this command, your virtual co-pilot will announce the name of the checklist being used, and provide you with the first check to perform.
To work through the checklist items, simply say "check" once you've completed an item, and the virtual co-pilot will call out the next item in the list.
You can say "Exit Checklist" at any time to stop the virtual co-pilot from presenting checklist items. This is highly recommended if you do not want to complete a checklist. Otherwise, VoiceAttack will not know that the checklist command sequence has been abandoned. In this case, VoiceAttack might become confused with any future commands you give.
(1) You must have a licensed version of VoiceAttack
(2) You must have a text-to-speech voice installed on your PC*
* This profile was created using the text-to-speech voice "Microsoft Desktop Zira" - If you do not have this voice installed on your PC, you can download and install it from an online resource. If you have other text-to-speech voices installed, you can easily switch this profile to use one of those by doing the following:
(1) Click the VoiceAttack "Export Profile" command
(2) When the profile appears, click the "Export" button
(3) When the Export dialog box appears, use the "Save as type:" drop-down box to select "VoiceAttack Profile Expanded as XML (*.vap)"
(4) After exporting the file, open the file in an XML editor
(Notepad++ has a plugin for editing XML files https://sourceforge.net/projects/npp-plugins/files/XML%20Tools/Xml%20Tools%202.4.9%20Unicode/
(5) Once the profile is open in the XML editor, do a search-and-replace - search for "Microsoft Zira Desktop" and replace that with the name of the TTS voice you want to use.
(6) Save the file, then use the VoiceAttack "Import Profile" command to import the modified file.