126.96.36.199317 or later Open Beta Required
BRIEFING DOCUMENTS CAN BE FOUND HERE: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UOj2dg83phuQD4sw1yuJe70O7DP57m52/view?usp=sharing
Last night, a Georgian armoury was attacked by Russian backed separatist guerrillas and a number of heavy weapons, including APCs, ZSU-23 Shilkas, were stolen. Intelligence suspects that the stolen armour is heading east in order to escape into South Ossetia. Your job is to provide close air support in the hunt for the stolen weapons.
This is a fictional, “what if”, scenario where Georgia had hurriedly joined NATO prior to the full scale Russian invasions of South Ossetia and Abkhazia.
NATO air power has begun staging at airbases around Georgia proper, and have commenced defensive air operations. Currently, NATO air forces are cleared to operate within the territorial boundaries of Georgia, and are cleared to conduct strikes to support NATO ground forces within Georgian Airspace.
Last night, a Georgian armoury was attacked by Russian backed separatist guerillas, and a number of heavy weapons, including APCs, ZSU-23 Shilkas were stolen. Intelligence suspects that the stolen armour is heading east in order to escape into South Ossetia.
This hostile group is believed to be made up of South Ossetian Guerillas, Russian SPETZNAZ forces and defecting Georgian Army personnel.
Badger 1, a joint Canadian / Georgian convoy has been dispatched to locate the purloined equipment before these criminals can escape.
You are the lead pilot of Colt 5 flight of 2 A-10Cs based at Kutaisi Airbase in northern Georgia. Colt 5 is sitting alert ready to support NATO and Georgian ground forces. Rumour is that Badger 1 is hot on the tail of the stolen armour.
The weather is not great, a low overcast of 10000ft will keep close air support right in the heart of the AAA and MANPAD envelope. We have already lost 2 NATO aircraft to hostile fire, so make sure to employ liberal use of flares when flying in proximity to hostile forces.
COLT 5 - A-10C x 2 CAS Alert 5
COLT 9 - CF-18 x 2 CAS Alert 15
FORD 1 - M2000C x 2 CAP Airborne
NTMR 4 - CF-18 x 2 CAP Alert 15
1. ATC communications in this mission are scripted - you do not need, and you should not use, the standard radio menu to contact ATC.
2. You can use the Radio Menu to give orders to your wingman, and to get information from MAGIC.
3. This mission requires you to fly to, and over, waypoint 2 on departure, plus fly to, and over, waypoint 5 upon returning to base (UNLESS CLEARED TO TURN PRIOR BY MAGIC OR ATC)
4. This functionality of this mission's triggers and actions are
dependant on you NOT CHANGING THE WEAPONS LOADOUT! Doing so may break your mission, and that sucks! I was originally planning on using AGM-65s and ZUNIs for this mission, but since this is not currently functional in Open Beta, they've been replaced by the GBU-12 and Rockets.
5. DO NOT STRAY INTO RUSSIAN OR SOUTH OSSETIAN TERRITORY!
6. If you do make it back to base, keep in mind that you are in a combat zone and are expected to fly the overhead break to land. This way you keep your speed up as much as possible in case you are shot at. Plus it looks f'n cool