Common payment issues
- The Customer Aborted the payment process
It could happed when you press cancel button on Sage Pay web site or by hitting stop, back or reload buttons in web browser while the page is loading (transaction in progress). It's important to wait until every page is loaded by itself (not to force it with reload button).
- REJECTED... By Vendor Rules
Your card type isn't supported.
- The Bank did NOT AUTHORISE the customer's card
- Authorisation on that payment type has been declined by the bank
Your card has been declined by your card issuer. Sage Pay does not generate this message, and you will need to contact your card issuer to find out why your card has been refused. Also it's worth to check whether you have filled all fields correctly.
- The Card Range not supported by the system
The credit or debit card number you have entered is not recognized by the Sage Pay systems. If you are certain the card is valid, please inform Sage Pay support for them to investigate further.
- The number of authorization attempts exceeds the limit
Make sure you have filled all fields correctly. You are only allowed three attempts to gain a successful authorization. After those three attempts, the Sage Pay system will cancel your transaction with this error.
- My credit card has been rejected by your system as it is the wrong length / the issue number is incorrect?
The Sage Pay system will detect and reject any card number which is incorrectly formatted. If you believe that our system should accept the details you are entering, please email the first 6 digits of your card number to email@example.com and we will advise you further.
- I received an error code, what do I do?
If you receive an error code during the transaction process, please email this code to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will advise you on how to proceed.
Sage Pay: Advice for shopping online
Sage Pay: Error & System Message Index